Professional Organisations and Counsellor Registers.
- British Association for Counsellors and Psychotherapists The BACP is the leading accrediting body for UK counsellors and psychotherapists.
- British Association for Behavioural and Cognitive Psychotherapies The BABCP is a multi-disciplinary interest group for people involved in the practice and theory of behavioural and cognitive psychotherapy.
- British Psychological Society The BPS is the representative body for psychology and psychologists in the UK.
- www.counselling-directory.org.uk Counselling Directory only lists counsellors and psychotherapists who are registered with a recognised professional body.
- Alcoholics Anonymous A company aiming to help those with an alcohol addiction through support and meetings.
- Childline A free helpline for children and young people in the UK to talk about a problem.
- Cruse Bereavement Care Help and support for those who have suffered a loss.
- www.talktofrank.com A confidential helpline for anyone in the UK concerned about drug use.
- www.gamcare.org.uk GamCare provides a helpline, support, information and advice to anyone suffering through a gambling problem.
- HopeLine runs a confidential advice helpline if you are a young person at risk of suicide or are worried about a young person at risk of suicide. Mon-Fri 10-5pmand 7pm-10pm. Weekends 2pm-5pm on 0800 068 41 41
- Mind, open Monday to Friday, 9am-6pm on 0300 123 3393
- www.nspcc.org.uk Children’s charity dedicated to ending child abuse and child cruelty.
- www.refuge.org.uk Advice on dealing with domestic violence.
- Samaritans A charity available 24 hours a day offering a confidential listening service to anyone in distress.
- Victim Support A national charity that helps anyone who has been affected by crime.
- www.youngminds.org.uk Information on child and adolescent mental health. Services for parents and professionals.
- www.combatstress.org.uk Supporting British armed forces veterans who suffer mental health problems.
- www.depressionalliance.org Depression Alliance is the leading UK charity for people affected by depression.
- Do You Panic This site is dedicated to helping people who suffer at the hands of repetitive panic or anxiety.
Drugsline An independent drugs crisis, information and support charity that provides free and confidential information and support.
Drugrehab.com Information and answers for people fighting addiction.
- HeadMeds – a straight-talking website on mental health medication
- www.lgf.org.uk Resource site which includes a mental health guide provided by the lesbian and gay foundation.
- Male Health Fast, free independent health information on all subjects for men of all ages from the Men’s Health Forum.
- Medical News Today Medical News Today gathers all the latest articles related to health news and medical news and present them to an international audience of health professionals.
- Mind The leading mental health charity in England and Wales.
- www.ocdaction.org.uk A useful site for OCD sufferers and their families.
- One in Four One in Four has offices both in Ireland and in the UK and work with women and men who have experienced sexual violence either as a adult or as a child.
- Relate The biggest organisation specialising in relationship counselling and support in the UK.
- Sands (Stillbirth and Neonatal Death Society) Sands is an organisation supporting anyone affected by the death of a baby and promoting research to reduce the loss of babies lives.
- Stop it Now! A free confidential helpline for adults concerned about child sexual abuse, including those worried about the behaviour of someone they know and those concerned about their own thoughts and behaviour towards children.
- Straight Partners Anonymous Straight Partners Anonymous (SPA) is a support group for straight people whose partners are gay, lesbian, or bisexual.
- Students Against Depression, a website by students, for students.
- Time To Change Time to Change is a website attempting to end the stigma and discrimination that faces people with mental health problems.
- Together UK A leading UK Mental Health Charity working alongside each person with mental health issues on their journey towards greater wellbeing.
- WAY Foundation (Widowed And Young) WAY offers support and friendship to young bereaved people, whatever their circumstances, however long ago their partner died.
- Women’s Aid Women’s Aid is the key national charity in England for women and children experiencing physical, sexual or emotional abuse in their homes.
- Young Minds offers information to young people about mental health and emotional wellbeing
JAMIE NICOL IS NOT RESPONSIBLE FOR THE CONTENT, SUPPORT OR ADVICE PROVIDED THROUGH ANY OF THESE EXTERNAL LINKS.
“You drown not by falling into a river, but by staying submerged in it.” – Paulo Coelho